Thursday, December 28, 2006

looking forward to 2007.

I had a great Christmas. The 'flu eventually went away. I am now about to venture out to my studio again, I need to do a little spring cleaning.
I recieved my official invite back to the art festival in Tunisia, and I'm looking forward to it. I have already emailed my acceptance.
I have been outlining my goals for next year. I have decided I need to do some Irish landscapes for the American market. When I have some done I will try to organise another show in the US. I enjoyed my last one, and hopefully it will be profitable too. I want to work on a few ideas between now and the spring, but come spring I'm going to make a few trips around the country to paint a few plien air studies to work from. I also want to organise an exhibition of my african works this year so I'll have to work on that also. I'm looking forward to the new year. I think it will be a good one for me. I am going to try to keep my painting simple this year and not over analyze it. The quick simple Tunisian paintings worked well. My still life works always do and I keep them simple, so why am I having such difficulty elsewhere....I'm trying to achieve something I'm not ready for..I'm getting too 'arty' instead of doing what I do well.

I wish everyone a Happy New year, and I'll see you all in 2007.

No comments: