Wednesday, January 11, 2006


I started work on a study of the ponds taken from the area of the sketch today. The weather was beautiful, the high winds have gone and we had blue skies and sunshine. The air temperature was up too so it
was quite pleasant in the Park..
I started with a thin wash of darks (Viridian, cad red and ultramarine all mixed to give the darks) this was left to dry over lunch..

I then worked a base colour into the highlight areas of the field grass, sky and water. Finally I added some colour to the trees in the background.

It will have to be left dry now though so I will go back to it in a couple of days.

I left a little bit of my studio in the second picture, I must take a few pics of it and put them into my Blog....even if only to show the Squalour in which I work....I'm not the neatest..LOL...

No comments: