Monday, January 16, 2006

Saving a swan and other watery doings...

On my way down to Ennell to sort out the boats I passed a police car in the outside lane of the motorway, it was warning drivers to slow down because a swan had landed on the road and was in the central reservation, obviously it was in danger itself and a danger to traffic. I had my big (3 foot diameter) landing net in the van with my fishing gear so I stopped and offered my assistance. To cut a long story short within two minutes I had a relatively relieved swan wrapped safetly in my arms. A short time later an even more relieved swan swam off up the 'real' river and I continued on my way. The job done on the boats, myself and Noel went fishing for a couple of hours, I managed to pick out two fish but it was hard work...
Back to the studio tomorrow...

No comments: