Thursday, January 26, 2006

Memories of Florence..



Here is the view from the Hotel window in Florence, as I promised....

You can see part of the gardens in this photo too, I don't have a great pic of the gardens due to most of my photos being badly exposed. The light in the sky gave a false reading to the light meter in the camera leaving me with clear sky photos and dark almost sillouette type objects/buildings in most of the pics. Others are misty looking, I'm not 100% sure why, whether the film was at fault, the development, or the camera/cameraman. I was using film that was almost out of date, so that could have something to do with it.

Back to today anyway, I spent the day drawing out my painting, and re-drawing it on the canvas....a long hard days work as it turned out. The detailed drawings are quite difficult when trying to keep everything in reasonable proportion. I have to admit I squared up my canvas to transferr my drawing onto it, it would have been too hard to do it freehand on that scale.

No comments: