Friday, January 13, 2006

SUMMER'S COMING.....

I forgot to take a photograph of the painting...so you will all just have to wait for the update until tomorrow evening. I haven't really done a great deal else, but I have the dates of my Mayfly trip to lough Corrib (May 20-27th) sorted. I was getting worried in case I had to take a booking around that time without confirming the dates... that is my weeks fishing..I'm not available for hire! but can't really afford to turn the job down without being certain I'm not available.
Four of us take a house for the week, two friends from the UK, and Noel and myself. I'm looking forward to it this year again, I did very well last year after my long lay-off so I hope to out-do everyone else this year. (The two UK lads are top competition anglers, one an ex England International so it's hard work to out-do them!) We don't really take it that seriously though, but we do a lot of laughing at the losers....LOL. but generally we have good fishing, take turns cooking etc. and imbibe quite freely most nights. A thoroughly enjoyable week.

No comments: