Friday, December 23, 2005

an artist studio, not a gallery....

I was in my studio today, working away...as I do....

..............I'm working on a piece as I wanted to do, based on a rockpool..I'm using reference sketches at the moment, I'll get the specimens when I'm ready for them although I picked up a few mussels from the fishmongers today. I'll use them tomorrow too.....

....when a visitor came up (the stairs) into the studio. She looked around and through the works stacked along the wall and complained because I didn't have a variety of artist's works for sale!! I wonder what part of ARTIST'S STUDIO she doesn't understand, I am hardly likely to have other Artist's work for sale from MY studio. But people can be extremely rude, it was as if I'd forced her to come into my studio under false pretences. Just another reason to leave the open studio behind I think.

It is Christmas eve tomorrow so I won't be posting for a couple of days...
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

No comments: