Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A work in progress...Narcisus at work again..


I have started my piece for the Portugeese exhibition, The subject is to be hats or shoes. I decided to paint my own Hat....in situ! Not that I am a Narcisus or anything. I just like painting portraits occaissionally....and I'm a very cheap model!!
The painting is 30 inches by 24 Oil on Canvas. It is coming along quite nicely. The photo is quite poor though as it was taken under artificial light without a flash, but it gives the general idea.
I purposely did not do any work on the background or my clothing, this is because I am not sure wether I want to put my studio in or just frame my hat with a suitable colour. Added to the fact that until I decide this I do not want to paint my clothing and then have to repaint it due to the colours I was wearing. I may try to get more work done tomorrow, but I have quite a bit of running around to do before I go away thursday morning (at 3.00 am). This includes getting some bait for a bit of Codling fishing....I hope to do some Friday night before coming back to Dublin.

No comments: