Monday, March 13, 2006

Artist? not at the moment...

My week is planned out for me...I won't manage to get into the studio at all. I am covering for a friend all week again.. He has just buried his mother, 3 weeks after his father died..added to my friends demise yesterday it's hard to believe...so the upshot is I'm otherwise employed for the week, well until friday anyway, and I'm going fishing on Friday, it is St.Patricks day. I have a few things I need to do, and I can't even get time to do them this week!!
I need to send a list of work for an exhibition. I've to post a receipt for a painting I sold. I have to lodge a check (my grant check) and pay the rates bill (4 figures!). easy come easy go....

Being an Artist, it's nice to be able to stand in the breach at short notice for friends in need, it is good for that purpose this relatively unstructured life... and it's not abused by friends........

I am also in the middle of organising opposition to the new fishery bill proposed by the govt. It is almost the fishing equivalent of taking all the local authority football grounds/parks and giving them to the highest bidder to run at a profit as they see fit, Ignoring the fact that children use them free of charge and they are used by the poorer members of our society because they are affordable, and charging Golf/country club prices for their use. At the same time giving the pollution control, now run by the fishery boards, over to the worst offenders, local authorities.
More on this later...I've to word a proposal for debate at a political meeting.....

No comments: