Monday, March 20, 2006

A large canvas and being creative with my Art....

I bought a few canvases this morning, two 24 by 18's and a deep-edged 40 by 32 inch canvas also. I feel if I work on the larger piece I will be more creative. You are forced to think, phsycologically anyway, when working on a large expensive ground. I spent the rest of the day planning a painting for it....unfortunately I haven't come up with anything interesting enough.
If the weather improves, or a least if the wind and rain stop tommorrow I may look outside for inspiration. If not I feel another still-life may be in order.........
A week in the sun would do wonders for my creative streak...but alas, I can't really afford another 'holiday abroad' at the moment, and added to that, it is still a bit early in the year even for the Med.
I saw a nice view of the mountains on the way to Newcastle/Adamstown this morning while dropping the dogs off for their hair-cuts, but the light had changed by the time I was coming back and it no longer looked as interesting, that is another one of the problems with Irelands weather...
Incidently, I still haven't been fishing.....there must be something wrong with me....me not fishing, means I'm ill. Maybe during the week...

1 comment:

Annie Jolivet-Vilbois said...

Large canvas are a bright idea.
I'd like to try myself but am a bit afraid of them for the moment.
I'll watch with interest what you'll make with them.
Hope you'll be fishing soon!