Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It's a bright, bright, sunshiny day....



Here is a photo of the 2nd Corrib painting. The lower left corner needs more work. It doesn't read as it should. It lacks definition. I think it needs a stronger blue than I have used, rather than a darker one. I'll try that next week. I have to work on a commission over the next few days... so my own 'work' has to go on the back-burner as it were. I am not in the position to refuse guaranteed sales yet. Maybe sometime soon.. aahhh! wouldn't it be great not to have to consider the next rent payment, bill, etc. but know that the income is there, constant and sufficient for all needs.......

I may as well dream here at the computer as in bed...

I tied 1/2 a dozen flies up for Noel.. finished the 'gardens' painting as such...it is still a plien-air study, and will stay that way. The gardens have changed too much to continue with it in any detail. I also did a ferw sketches and started another in the water series that I have been doing, but then realised I couldn't continue...ooops... but the bones are there.. so all in all quite a good day. The bright sun-shine and blue sky helps, it lifts the spirits and creates a feeling of well-being, encouraging you to work...spring is in the air...a blackbird is nesting in the ivy on the tree in the front garden..I can see it going in and out with building materials from the lounge...

No comments: