Sunday, April 23, 2006

Spring Sprung....

I have been busy all day...Spring has come, the garden needed taking in hand...the lawn was 10 inches high!!. I cleaned all the paitio of Algae etc., the patio furniture, did some repotting of plants. (there are a lot more to be done...) all in all a very busy day!
The weather was great though, warm and sunny. I also sorted out a few tubs for the front of the house, and got my Mediterreanean and tropical plants in the conservatory in good order for the summer. My Sterilitzia or Bird of Paradise plant is threatening to flower, still, I have expected the flowers for about four weeks, but they just won't come out. My Banana tree is starting to flourish again along with the Bougainvillea and Hibiscus...doesn't sound great, but anyone who knows Irish weather will realise these plants are difficult to keep over here. I find the conservatory plants are starting to dry out on me though, and it's still not warm enought to give them a good soaking.

Tomorrow I will return to the studio and survey my work, and decide exactly what I want to do...(I hope) that done I must get stuck in, as I only have four weeks before my fishing trip...time flies when you are having fun... I have to go now, We have to fill out a census form tonight...and I hate filling out forms....

No comments: