Sunday, February 26, 2006


I started a painting of the view of the cherry tree from my studio window. The blossom is starting to appear and I can see spring approaching.

The picture to the left is of a previous painting I did of the tree in winter, looking out to the Wicklow hills beyond. This was purchased by the family of a regular Patron, for a present for him.

The painting I have started work on is a tighter detail and will focus on the cherry blossom rather than the view.

It is still very cold here, 3 or 4 degrees centigrade, that is well below our normal temperatures for this time of year. We are affected by a drift of the North European air coming S-East, wheras normally we would get more weather from the S-West across the Atlantic, lots more rain, but not as cold...Here in Ireland we get a damp cold, not like central Europe or America, it gets into your bones...roll on Summer....

No comments: