Saturday, February 11, 2006

Here are two updated photos... as you will see I have done some work on the sky.
I also brightened the Doumo Dome....re did many of the roofs, as I decided they were too broken up, some are painted solidly, but some just have a glaze to reduce the variations, I left the large roof over the brown building behind the eucalyptus tree as it was because it really compliments the brickwork. I also like the way this carries on the contradictions that abound throughout the garden. I have done a couple of the window details throughout, just to give the definition for myself, but I had to stop as the windows were getting difficult due to the wet paint on the roofs around them. It has to be

remembered eye level is about half way up the canvas, so anything above that line means I am either reaching or I need to drop the canvas lower which is uncomfortable then as I am stooped for much of the lower areas....

For this reason I decided to leave the rest of the base work on the other windows(&doors) until laterso I can work without worrying about catching paint with a sleeve etc. I painted the door and windows on the left a cool green, both to carry the colour theme and to contrast the warm whites. The windows and door are doing there work well, as your eye drifts left, they shout STOP! and still allow your eyes to wander back into the warmer greens.. There is a danger that the painting is splitting down the center at the moment, due mainly to the lack of foliage/greens in the central portion of the canvas, add this to the palm tree trunk and solid line of the orangerie walls I can see trouble ahead if I'm not careful.... I am hoping the base areas of the garden..paths & gravel...will help cure this when I decide how to proceed with them that is..I think I may have to rethink my colours here....................

No comments: