Thursday, February 16, 2006

The new season is away...

Well after a 4 hour+ trip to Oughterard, a day on the Lough and a 5 hour drive back I was exhausted...and fishless...LOL.
The weather wasn't too bad when fishing, a little blustery. The trout were not in a taking mood though. I think the lake had risen too much in the last week (after the rain) and put the fish off. I didn't find any fly anglers with fish (bar one Kelt) although the trolling anglers did seem to catch a few fish. I had two fish follow one of my flies but they turned away without taking as the flies got near the boat. I haven't had a blank opening day in a long while though so I'm not going to complain, at this time of year it is always going to be hit & miss...the main thing is I enjoyed the day...spring is here...now I am looking forward to the opening of Lough Ennel on March the 1st.....

No comments: