Saturday, May 06, 2006

The end of a perfect day....

I spent much of the day up at the studio, not creating much, I had to do a repair/retouch job on a painting that had come back to me...well was brought back to me, the job wasn't too bad the colours were slightly off when applied but I am fairly sure they will dry to the correct hue. A regular collector came up in the afternoon, and when he saw the walled garden painting...(the one I had to stop working on due to the fast growth)... loved the freshness of it and bought it there and then. A nice surprise...and a bonus. When I came home in the evening the sun was shining, it was warm with a light breeze, although there had been strong winds all day, and I thought ' a lovely evening to take the dog down the river'.....so off we toddled....

I fished a team of nymphs again and although didn't catch many fish...the tiddlers were conspicuous by there absence...did manage to find a 15 inch fish sitting behind a snag sipping down the occaisional fly, who rather obligingly made sure he got my little black spider the second time of asking. That led to some fireworks when I set the hook. He did settle down shortly and behaved impeccably right up until I lifted him out to unhook him. As is often the case revenge was had as he slipped back in, a wallop of a tail and a face full of water..LOL.

I decided to head home then, as Christine was still out I cooked a nice pasta and sauce, opened a nice little Red and we are about to sample both...all in all....a perfect end to a rather pleasing day.

No comments: