Thursday, August 11, 2005

Greg Long, Artist and Angler, Hello all

Hi Everyone. I'm Greg, I am an Irish Artist, (for my sins) Normally I paint full-time, but for the last 3 weeks I've been off gallivanting. (gallivanting means travelling/having fun/skiiving etc.)
I travelled around the country enjoying our unseasonable sunshine, in Ireland we usually have showers for most of the summer, then it rains for the winter and spring. I got lots of sketching done though...It was too bright to go fishing most of the time! so I don't feel too guilty but I miss my Studio and I am starting to suffer withdrawal symptoms..........

Tommorrow I am going fly-fishing for trout, It is due to rain so conditions should be good, and I should catch a few.
Saturday I have to go into the studio and organise it for next weeks endeavours...collect the post..there are sure to be BILLS, they don't stop for holiday time, and catch up on the Gossip. My studio is in the Courtyard/Haggard of a renovated Georgian country house, Marlay House, now turned into a municipal Park, Marlay Park is situated in Rathfarnham, South Dublin at the foothills of the Wicklow Hills and although only 8 miles from the city centre it is in quiet parkland looking out onto the mountains, with peacocks strutting around. I live 5 minutes away from the studio too so I don't have too far to commute!!. I will share some of my works with you through this blog, but you can see some at http://www.artbygreglong.com. You can find some more information about me at http://www.anglingireland.info, my angling website.

No comments: